(photo by Charley Star)

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday Morning Delight


I think the perfect way to start off a relaxing Sunday is to sleep in and cook a delicious brunch which is exactly what I did on this beautiful morning. Cooking breakfast is a great way to slowly start your day and cook without creating too much of a fuss. For all of those who are intimidated by cooking and aren't quite sure about how to get started I would highly recommend starting with breakfast. Simple breakfast meals can teach you (in an un-intimidating way) the basics of how to prepare a meal. Below are a few tips on how to make a delectable plate of french toast and for some tips on cooking eggs go here.

- Choose your bread wisely. This morning I used sliced ciabatta bread but some other options are challah bread, sourdough baquette or (my personal favorite) Wheatfield's walnut raisin.

- Coat the pan in butter. Yes this adds a few extra calories, but the added flavor is definitely worth it.

- Season your egg mixture. I haven't experimented much with different flavor profiles but my favorite is to pour in a little milk, add a touch of vanilla extract, sprinkle in a generous amount of cinnamon and add a dash of salt.

- Add in extra flavor when plating. Before serving I add a layer of homemade jelly in between each piece, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with crushed pecans. The extra flavors and textures add an extra kick to each bite.

Enjoy your next Sunday brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment