(photo by Charley Star)

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick, Easy Dinner!

Tonight was the first chilly/rainy day of the season, so all I wanted to do was curl up and watch a movie, but we had to eat at some point. I thought back to a recipe I had seen on my Epicurious app on my iPhone. I couldn't find the exact recipe, so I recreated a similar dish. It is pretty simple, but very tasty.

Ingredients:
1 ciabatta loaf (my market carries the perfect size, you can find the size you need for the number of people you plan to serve)
1 6 oz. log of herbed goat cheese
1 chicken breast (sauteed and cut into pieces - this was not in the original recipe, but we wanted to add some more protein)
1 jar of roasted red peppers
1 handful of arugula
Balsamic Vinaigrette to drizzle

Layer the goat cheese, chicken and roasted bell pepper on the ciabatta. Place in the oven (350 degrees) for about 5-10 minutes, until warm. Add the arugula and vinaigrette, slice and serve. So easy and delicious!

I served the sandwich alongside some roasted asparagus! Yummy!


Tomorrow is Friday! Any plans for the weekend? I will be celebrating a fellow DinnerClub MD member's housewarming!

P.S. Sorry about the picture quality, not my best work!

No comments:

Post a Comment