(photo by Charley Star)

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recipe: Guacamole!

Let me begin by saying...I LOVE Mexican food. I could eat chips and salsa for every meal! When I am feeling extra feisty, I will whip up some guacamole.

Ingredients:
3 ripe avocados
1 small tomato
1/2 small white onion
2 cloves minced garlic
lime juice
salt

Start by slicing all of the avocados in half. Remove the pit, and spoon out of the skin. Place the peeled avocados in a bowl.


Finely chop the tomato, onion, and garlic. Add to the avocados.

My mom swears by this all-natural sea salt. Any type of salt will work great though. Just season to taste.

Mash the mixture together (we use a potato masher, but a fork works too). Squeeze a little lime juice over the top and enjoy!


Disclaimer: This batch of guacamole was actually whipped up by mom and sister. So, I can't take credit for how delicious it looks, but we all use the same recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment