(photo by Charley Star)

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Date Night in Nice




On my recent trip to Europe my favorite moments were when I was on a date night, eating and enjoying a glass of wine (or two, or three...). For our first date night in Nice, France my boyfriend and I went to a great restaurant in the Cours Saleya square called La Favola (coulnd't find their website but you can google the name of the restaurant for an exact address). It was nestled along a long line of restaurants with an amazing night-time shopping market in front (I spent way too much money in this spot). The area is bustling with people and has a very fun atmosphere during the day and night. Along with the great environment, the food was delectable. We shared a massive bowl of seafood pasta, a wonderful beef carpaccio and had a mouth-watering fruit tiramisu and chocolate tort for desert. All-in-all it was a great night and to top if off we had a very friendly waiter who even gave us two empty wine bottles to take home. If you ever find yourself in Nice, France I would highly recommend this spot and this area for both day and night.

p.s. After all of the warnings that we received about the French not being friendly to American tourists I was pleased to find that this was not the case. I found that a big smile and being extra polite went a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment